More summer-friendly cocktail recipes worth preparing at home for the Fourth of July:
Two To Mango
Crook & Marker’s new Spiked Teas, Spiked Lemonades and Spiked Coconut varieties can be enjoyed on their own but are also cocktail-ready.
- Crook & Marker Coconut Mango Spiked & Sparkling – 11.5 oz. can
- Light rum – 1.5 oz.
- Grenadine – 1 tsp.
- Mix ingredients.
- Enjoy the drink.
The earlier-mentioned Spiked Teas, Spiked Lemonades and Spiked Coconuts are USDA Organic and can be found sold in retail stores nationwide, including Target, Whole Foods Market, Wegmans, ABC Wine & Spirits, Total Wine & More, Publix and Giant Eagle.
- Crook & Marker Watermelon Spiked Lemonade – 11.5 oz. can
- Tequila -1.5 oz.
- Crushed watermelon
- Blend ice.
- Combine other ingredients with blended ice.
- Drink up.
North Coast Margarita
Humboldt’s Finest is California-made, hemp-infused vodka. Humboldt’s Finest uses locally-grown hemp to create a unique herbal flavor that is THC-free and legal in all 50 states.
- 2 oz. Humboldt’s Finest Vodka
- 1.25 oz. Lime Juice
- 0.75 oz Agave Syrup
- 2 Slices Serrano Chili
- 2 Slices Cucumber
- Pinch of Salt
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing tin.
- Add ice and shake thoroughly.
- Double strain in a bucket or old fashioned glass half rimmed with salt.
- Add ice to top.
- Garnish with cucumber slice.
The Humboldt Distillery also has a certified organic Spiced Rum on the market. Tastings and tours are offered on-site by appointment at the distillery’s Fortuna, California location.
- 1.75 oz. Humboldt’s Finest Vodka
- .25 oz Green Chartreuse
- .75 oz Lime Juice
- .5 oz Simple Syrup
- 1/4 of a small yellow bell pepper
- Fresh oregano (3 leaves plus 1 stem for garnish)
- Add 1 heaping tbsp of chopped pepper to shaker and muddle well.
- Add 3 slightly smashed (use fingers, to release oils) oregano leaves, Humboldt’s Finest, Green Chartreuse, lime and simple syrup.
- Add ice and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a cocktail coupe.
- Garnish with oregano sprig and cut pepper wedge.
Having scored 93 points at both the 2017 Utimate Spirits Challenge and a 2012 Wine Enthusiast Magazine rating, Clyde May’s Alabama Style Whiskey is aged 6 to 7 years in oak barrels and finished with a hint of apple.
- 2 parts Clyde May’s 85 Proof Alabama Style Whiskey
- 1 part simple syrup
- 1 part lemon juice
- 2-3 shakes of hot sauce
- 2-3 shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- Mix, whiskey as the base, and enjoy.
Clyde’s Alabama Slammer
Another great recipe using Clyde May’s Alabama Style Whiskey, this one puts a fun spin on a famous party cocktail.
- 1 1/4 oz. Clyde May’s 85 Proof Alabama Style Whiskey
- 3/4 oz. Disaronno
- Orange juice
- Mix the spirits.
- Fill the rest of the glass with OJ.
- Add a splash of grenadine.
The Bogart’s Adult Whiskey Sour Apple
The Bogart brand not only produces highly-regarded spirits, but also has the coolness of being sanctioned by the estate of legendary actor Humphrey Bogart.
- 2 oz. of Bogart’s Whiskey
- 1/4 cup of Apple Cider or Apple Juice
- 1 oz. of Ginger Ale or Ginger Beer
- 1 Squirt of Lemon Juice
- Pour all ingredients over ice.
- Stir those ingredients.
- Enjoy that fine drink.