With Fourth of July right around the corner, here are 20 summer-ready cocktails
The first half of 2020 has not been easy for any of us, to say the least, with social distancing and self-quarantining still being the norm for many millions of people. But when you’re keeping a home-based existence more of the day than not, there ought to be plenty of opportunities to utilize that home bar of yours for some top-tier cocktail recipes, especially for the Fourth of July.
The Fourth of July is just around the corner — actually being celebrated on July 3, 2020 this year as part of a long holiday weekend — and plenty of celebrating ought to be ahead.
In turn, on behalf of Guilty Eats, I have gathered another 20 cocktail recipes from a mix of top spirit brands and well-respected American mixologists.
Below are another 20 more summer-friendly cocktail recipes worth preparing at home this Fourth of July:
The French Connection
Made with the Bently Heritage Estate Distillery’s Award-Winning Juniper Grove Atrium Gin, Artisan Mixologist Lucas Huff created this cocktail, which incorporates a series of unique flavors that harmonize beautifully.
- 1.5 oz. Juniper Grove Atrium Gin
- 0.75 oz. Grand Marnier
- 0.5 oz. Aperol
- 0.75 oz. Lemon Juice
- 1 Sprig of Tarragon
- Add all ingredients with ice into a shaker and shake vigorously.
- Double strain into a small coupe or Nick & Nora glass.
- Garnish with fresh tarragon.
Bently Heritage Estate Distillery’s Ranch Tea
Also created by mixologist Lucas Huff, this cocktail is reportedly a tribute to being an Estate Distillery and respecting the earth.
- 5 basil leaves muddled in bottom of tumbler
- 1.5 oz Source One Vodka
- 1 oz. Honey Syrup
- 1 oz. Lemon juice
- Mix the ingredients shown above.
- Top with Fresh Brewed Tea. (please note that this drink can be served iced or hot)
Té Recuerdo Mezcal
Recuerdo is reportedly the top-selling Mezcal available in duty-free airport stores and one of the leading Mezcals in Mexico.
- 1 1/2 oz. Recuerdo Joven Mezcal
- 1 1/2 oz. lemongrass tea
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 1/2 oz. agave syrup
- Soda water
- Garnish: Pineapple Leaf
- Mix all the ingredients except the soda water in a shaker with ic.
- Serve in an old fashioned glass with ice.
- Fill with soda
- Garnish with a pineapple leaf.
Clambake Rosé Sorbet
The Clambake is a craft wine label, and its Clambake Limited Edition Rosé boasts some of the very best old-vine Carignan from Mendocino to be had. Its wines are made at a certified sustainable custom crush winery in Healdsburg, California, which operates as a co-op allowing alternating small boutique proprietors like McAuley to make world-class wines.
- 4 cups of Clambake Rosé Wine
- 1 1.2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup frozen black cherries
- Put the 4 cups of rose in a saucepan bring to boil and reduce to 2 cups. Cool.
- Make a simple syrup using 1 cup sugar and 1 cup of pomegranate juice.
- Put both ingredients in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add the frozen cherries an let seep until cool.
- Combine the reduced rose, the simple syrup with cherries, the remaining 1/2 cup pomegranate juice into a blender and puree.
- Chill well in refrigerator.
- Using your ice cream maker, follow instructions to make the sorbet.
- Freeze at least 4 to 6 hours.
- If you do not have an ice cream maker, try this to make your sorbet: Put half of the liquid in a small zip lock bag, then put ice in a large zip lock and add the small bag of liquid to the bag with ice. Make sure the small bag is surrounded with the ice. Add lots of salt to the ice. Close large zip lock and massage it. Adding salt to the ice makes it very cold and will freeze the liquid. By splinting the liquid into two bags it will freeze faster.
Proper & Ginger
Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey was helmed by legendary fighter Conor McGregor. Yet the whiskey label has proven to be far more than a celebrity vanity project, selling in high volume all over the world and scoring highly-positive reviews from top critics.
- 2 oz. Proper No. Twelve Irish Whiskey
- 3 oz. Ginger Ale
- Garnish: 1 Lime Wedge
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour Proper No. Twelve over ice.
- Top with ginger ale.
- Stir it all up.
- Garnish with lime wedge.