As all foodies know, celebrity meals have become a big thing with various fast food chains. One of the most recent has been the McDonald’s BTS Meal which has been a huge hit for the company. So it should make Chipotle fans happy that the Mexican fast casual chain is going in on the celebrity menu fad and in a big way.
Except Chipotle is doing things with a unique spin. They have always marketed themselves as a healthier alternative to the likes of McDonald’s and are cashing in on that perception with what they are calling the Team Chipotle menu.
Instead of celebrities from music, film and television, they are giving customers a chance to order the favorite meal of various athletes who are part of the Chipotle faithful. These are items that have been ordered and are the favorites of athletes from all disciplines.
According to the guac loving people at Chewboom, there are a total of eight new items on the Team Chipotle menu and they are only available on the chain’s app as well as at Chipotle.com.
There are items on the Team Chipotle menu for just about any taste.
As for what exactly you can get on the Team Chipotle menu, they are as follows:
- The Julie Ertz Bowl includes steak, brown rice, black beans, veggies, tomato salsa, chili-corn salsa and romaine lettuce.
- The Nneka Ogwumike Bowl includes brown rice, black beans, veggies and chili-corn salsa.
- The Kate Courtney Bowl includes chicken, brown rice, black beans, veggies, chili-corn salsa, tomatillo red-chili salsa and romaine lettuce.
- The Kolohe Andino Salad includes supergreens salad, barbacoa, white rice, black beans and tomatillo red-chili salsa.
- The Brooke Raboutou Salad includes supergreens salad, sofritas, brown rice, tomato salsa and roasted chili-corn salsa.
- The Alix Klineman Bowl includes double chicken, brown rice, pinto beans, extra veggies, tomato and chili-corn salsa, romaine lettuce and sour cream.
- The Jagger Eaton Burrito includes steak, white rice, black beans, tomatillo red-chili and roasted chili-corn salsa, cheese and romaine lettuce.
- The Michael Norman Burrito includes a double wrapped burrito, double chicken, brown rice, black beans, tomatillo green-chili salsa and romaine lettuce.
And since this is Chipotle, all of the above items include guacamole because what is a meal from Chipotle without guac?
Now I may be about the furthest thing from an athlete but all of those sound pretty good to me. If you agree you may want to head out and get one of all of these before it’s too late. Because like all good things, the Team Chipotle menu is only available for a limited time.