Crime Scene Kitchen is back for another season of baking mystery on Fox. And for the first episode of season 2, we get to meet the self-taught bakers. That is because season 2 will have two different groups of bakers. One group will be self-taught bakers, while the other bakers will be classically trained.
First up we have our safety bake. Whoever wins this round, will be safe going into the elimination round. And this is our first opportunity to see how well these bakers can investigate the clues in this kitchen.
Crime Scene Kitchen starts season 2 by introducing the self-taught bakers first
The first six teams investigated the crime scene kitchen, and for the most part, it does seem like everyone was on the same or a similar wave length. All six baking teams seemed to figure out that not only was this a pie, but it’s a citrus pie. Now it’s about how many elements of the pie the teams get right.
So what did the bakers deduce from the crime scene in this first round?
- Tarsha and Kristy – Key Lime Pie
- Torre and Michelle – Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Donovan and Dayveon – Citrus Curd Pie
- T and Fadi – Lemon Meringue Pie
- Kathleen and Hannah – Lemon Chiffon Pie
- Steph and Cherry – Boardwalk Pie (with saltine crackers for a crust)
Ultimately, the dessert from the crime scene kitchen was actually an Atlantic Beach Pie (also known as a Boardwalk Pie). This meant Steph and Cherry earned safety in this round and don’t have to do the elimination challenge.
The second round is of course the elimination round. And with Steph and Cherry safe and not baking this time, there are just five teams investigating this crime scene and getting their bake on.
All five teams opted to bake an upside down cake. So once again, it does seem like the teams have been able to figure out what is going on in the kitchen. But are they right? That is the question.
So what did our bakers bake up in the elimination round?
- T and Fadi – Pineapple Upside Down Cake with blood orange zest
- Tarsha and Kristy – Upside Down Blood Orange Cake
- Kathleen and Hannah – Blood Orange Upside Down Cake with Blackberry
- Torre and Michelle – Citrus Upside Down Cake
- Donovan and Dayveon – Pineapple and Blood Orange Upside Down Cake with Frosting
So what is the mystery dessert for the second round? This time, we have an Upside Down Cake with Blood Oranges, Oranges, and Caramel.
Sadly, two teams really struggled with the clues. But which team was eliminated? Unfortunately, it was Dayveon and Donovan who were eliminated after the first episode.