The two movies of the Summer are without a doubt Barbie and Oppenheimer, so of course, there’s gotta be some themed foods that go right along with both of them. Recently, Salon posted a recipe for a dessert that’s quite possibly the dessert of the Summer and are perfect for you to host a themed party.
I mean at this point, with this dessert, you have no choice but to host a party! Today, we’re diving into a delicious recipe for…Barbenheimer Brownies!
This recipe for Barbenheimer Brownies combines two different desserts!
Basically, these brownies combine cheesecake and brownies, with a little pink twist, all into one delicious movie-themed dessert of the Summer.
Here are all of the ingredients that you’ll need to make them:
- 1 box of your favorite brownie mix (and whatever other ingredients go with it)
- *optional* 1/2 tsp espresso powder
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese – room temp
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg yolk (only the yolk)
- Red food coloring
- Flake sea salt
This dessert is actually super simple to make too! Of course, you can always use your own personal brownie recipe, but using a mix is always a good option, especially in a pinch!
Here are all of the simple steps to making these delicious Barbenheimer Brownies:
- Preheat your oven depending on what your box instructions say
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper and lightly oil it
- Prepare the brownie mix depending on the box instructions
- Add in your *optional* espresso powder to make them even darker brownies
- Using a hand-mixer, mix in the following ingredients:
- Cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract, and egg yolk
- Continuing on with the mixing, start to add in red food coloring for desired shade of pink
- Pour the brownie batter into the pan
- Add in the cream cheese mixture one tablespoon at a time across the top
- Using a knife, swirl around to gently marbleize the two together
- Bake brownies based on the box instructions
- Let cool and then….Come on Barbie, Let’s go Party!!
That’s a wrap on this ever so delicious Barbenheimer Brownies recipe! Will you be making these ones or a recipe that’s more based on Oppenheimer? Either way, these are a super delicious treat to celebrate Barbie and enjoy in all of it’s glory! Eat up and enjoy, everyone!