Calise Bakery has launched its first-ever breakfast bread and it’s here to make the most important meal of the day even sweeter!
The brand, founded in 1908 by the Calise family, creates high-quality, authentic Italian sandwich rolls and dinner bread, but decided to give breakfast bread a shot — and we have a winner! This isn’t to say their other offerings aren’t savoring enough for our taste buds, but the new Brioche Style Cinnamon Chip Texas Toast from Calise Bakery takes the cake.
According to the press release, the bakery’s first breakfast product “provides a fresh, new kind of breakfast with a deliciously sweet brioche taste made from premium quality ingredients,” a claim that is easy to believe and proved by the great taste.
Breakfast is already the most important meal of the day, but now it’s even better with the taste of cinnamon! If you’re like me, breakfast is the meal that needs the most sweetness, after all, it’s what you’ll be waking up to. And we all need a positive (and delicious) start to our day, especially during these times.
Along with the tasty package of bread Calise Bakery sent our way, they also shared recipes that we’re passing along to you! Here are some fun recipes and facts about Calise Bakery Brioche Style Cinnamon Chip Texas Toast.
Calise Bakery: Cinnamon Chip French Toast Sandwich
This recipe, shared with us by Calise Bakery, creates two sandwiches in about 40 minutes
- 4 slices of Calise Bakery Brioche Style Cinnamon Chip Texas Toast
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Ground cinnamon and powdered sugar for serving
- Preheat oven to 400F. Place bacon slices on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake until crisp and brown, about 10-15 minutes, depending on the oven used.
- Beat 3 eggs, heavy cream, and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Dip each slice of Calise Bakery Brioche Style Cinnamon Chip Texas Toast into a bowl, covering completely.
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In batches, cook bread slices until browned on each side.
- In a skillet over medium heat, scramble remaining eggs to taste.
- On a plate, top 1 slice of toast with two slices of bacon, half of the scrambled eggs, and another slice of toast. Repeat for the second sandwich.
- Sprinkle with a light dusting of cinnamon and powdered sugar.
You can find Calise Bakery Brioche Style Cinnamon Chip Texas Toast at Stop & Shop, Target, Big Y, and other massive retailers throughout Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut.
There are approximately 13 slices in each package for a suggested retail price of $4.29.