When you think of July do you think of Christmas or do you think of summer fun and beach days? What if you could combine them both? If you want to enjoy a little bit of Christmas magic while still enjoying the warmth of summer days, we have some tips for way to bring Christmas in July to your table.
While there are plenty of ways to get into a holiday mood, from watching your favorite holiday movies (National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation anyone?) to baking up your favorite treats, there are times when you want to keep things simple. Plus, when you decorate a table the magic feels like it lasts longer.
But what if you want the holiday magic to blend with the fact that it is in fact summer? There are plenty of ways to add a touch of summer and a hint of the holidays in one design. And that’s the point of Christmas in July – bringing together summer and the holidays!
Tips for decorating a festive Christmas in July summer table
- A tablecloth can take any table to the next level. And if you want to combine summer with Christmas, why not use a red checkered tablecloth or even a green checkered cloth? As The Bash points out, the red and white is a clear nod to the holidays, while the checker print screams summer picnics.
- Create a centerpiece with candles. Candles can be summery or perfect for the holidays. And if you want to keep it elegant, tapered candles and silver or gold pillars are the way to go.
- Blue and silver can be elegant for the holidays or perfect for a more beachy scene. Why not add some garland to the center of your table? Ribbon is another good choice for centerpieces.
- Want to keep the theme summery? Why not use seashells and sand for your centerpieces? Think sand in your clear glass candle holder to add a beach feel or pretty seashells in between your pillar candles.
- Instead of a candle centerpiece, why not go with a fruit bowl with cinnamon sticks and pinecones, as well as some summer fruits. This can be a fun way to combine two seasons in one, while also being more informal.
- Remember that there are actually decorations out there that combine Santa with summer. An example of this is the luau Santa, including the super cute paper centerpiece from Oriental Trading that costs under $10, is easy to set up and gives us a surfing Santa. It’s basically the epitome of Christmas in July!
- Another fun decoration that can give you summer meets Christmas vibes is a blue glass bowl with water and then floating/submersible LED candles. (This is another item we can find at Oriental Trading, and if you wanted even more easy and affordable decor, just search Christmas in July on their site.)
- Break out the holiday place settings. If you usually use special plates and silverware for Christmas, I suggest pulling it out and setting your table with it. Even if you don’t go crazy with a centerpiece, just setting your table with your usual Christmas settings can be enough to get us in a holiday mood.
Honestly, setting a holiday table can happen anytime of the year. And in honor of Christmas in July, we are all about setting the stage and enjoying a little bit of the magic that we enjoy around the holidays.
What do you think fellow Guilty Eaters? Do you decorate your table for Christmas in July? What do you do to keep a holiday table in the middle of the summer? Do you have any decorating tips for Christmas in July? Let us know in the comments below.