Have you ever wondered what the most popular pizza is by state? Do you know which states are more likely to order veggie? The Slice app wants to help you learn everything there is to learn about the “National State of Pizza” with their latest findings.
In honor of National Pizza Day, the Slice app has done the ultimate deep dive. And that means giving us the lowdown on everything from the top toppings, the favorite pizza for each state, which days of the year people order the most pizza, and so much more.
When it comes to loving pizza, there is something to be said about learning all the things. And thanks to Slice we are really learning all of the things…at least about pizza.
So what all did they reveal about one of our favorite meals?
The Slice app breaks down our love of pizza with their National State of Pizza findings
In the press email we received, we learned that the top days of the year for ordering pizzas were,
- Super Bowl Sunday (aka the BIG GAME)
- Halloween (we did not see this one coming actually)
- Thanksgiving Eve (this one we did see coming)
- New Year’s Eve
Of course, those were not the only interesting facts we learned. In fact, some of the more interesting facts revealed included,
- Massachusetts has the most pizza shops opening early
- New York has the most pizza shops closing late (as in open after 9 p.m.)
- In California, they are all about the vegetables, which means ordering more salads
- West Virginia is the state where they ask for the most ranch with those pizza orders
- Utah is where more people add pineapple to their pizzas
- And New Jersey thinks they are fancy, as this state apparently orders the most gourmet toppings
While we already know what the top toppings of 2022 are, what about the top toppings of 2021? Slice has the answer for us and there are definitely some toppings in the same spot as the start of this year. So what were the top toppings in 2021?
- Pepperoni (no surprise here, as this seems to be a given)
- Mushrooms (we are no longer surprised by our favorite fungi being at the top of the charts)
- Extra Cheese (see this is what the 2022 list was clearly missing!)
- Black Olives
- Green Peppers
- Italian Sausage (okay, this is one we would have had much higher and also pretty much thought that was what number three was)
It’s all about the pizza for National Pizza Day and thanks to the Slice app, we know even more about people’s pizza habits than ever before. But that just means we need to keep hitting up the Slice app to get our hands on that pizza with sausage, pepperoni, and extra cheese.
Have you used the Slice app yet? Are you surprised by the app’s findings? What’s your favorite pizza? We want to know.