As if Krispy Kreme couldn’t get any better, now they are offering ice cream. And not just any ice cream, soft-serve! The king of all ice creams! The fact that they just happen to be launching on the first day of summer is a bonus.
And this isn’t just one new flavor. Clearly, Krispy Kreme has been planning this for a while because they have a bunch of new ice cream treats including shakes, cones, and cups. But it’s all based on their new Original Glazed ice cream flavor.
Krispy Kreme now offering soft-serve ice cream (with a bunch of options)
The shakes include:
- Strawberry Iced Sprinkled Shake: A creamy strawberry shake made with the Original Glazed soft serve ice cream and topped with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles
- Chocolate Iced Shake: This is also made with the Original Glazed ice cream and topped with whipped cream and a chocolate drizzle
- Original Glazed Shake: This is the ultimate in glazed donut deliciousness. It features the Glazed soft-serve ice cream and is topped with whipped cream and Original Glazed donut crumbles!!
- Cookies & Kreme Shake: If you’re a fan of a certain chocolate and cream cookie, you will love this. Again, it’s made with the Original Glazed soft-serve, but this one is also mixed with chocolate cookie pieces. it’s then topped with whipped cream and chocolate cookie crumbs.
- Coffee & Kreme Shake: Time for something for the coffee addicts! This coffee shake is hand-blended and made with the Glazed soft serve and topped with whipped cream.
- Lemon Filled Shake: This shake mixes the new ice cream flavor with lemon doughnut filling and is topped with whipped cream and graham cracker-flavored crumbs. YUM!
- Birthday Batter Shake: Birthday time! This shake blends the new ice cream with yellow cake batter flavored-filling and is topped with whipped cream and rainbow sprinkles.
Now, onto the cones! These all feature the new Original Glazed soft-serve ice cream and include:
- Original Glazed Cone: Besides the ice cream in the cone, the cone is handmade with doughnut batter and is topped with crispy Glazed doughnut crumbles.
- Strawberry Iced Sprinkled Cone: This one is just like the one above but instead of doughnut crumbles, it’s topped with a strawberry-flavored shell topped and rainbow sprinkles.
- Chocolate Iced Cone: This donut-batter cone is filled with the new soft-serve that is then drizzled with a chocolate shell topping and sprinkled with Original Glazed doughnut crumbles.
You can also get any of the above options in a cup if you don’t like all the drippiness that comes with a cone.
The only bad news is that these new ice cream options are only currently available in ten U.S. markets. You can find ice cream at Krispy Kreme in:
- Charlotte, Greensboro, and Winston-Salem in North Carolina
- Greenville, S.C
- Norfolk and Newport News in Virginia
- Charleston, W.Va
- Nashville and the Tri-Cities area in Tennessee
- San Antonio, Texas.
The new frozen treats will also be available soon in Mobile and Southwest, Alabama; Tampa, St. Petersburg, and Pensacola, Florida; New Orleans, Louisiana; Branson, Missouri; and Wichita, Kansas.
Hopefully, when everyone goes running for ice cream at Krispy Kreme, this becomes available at all stores nationwide.
What do you think of soft-serve ice cream at Krispy Kreme? What sounds like the best flavor to you? Let us know in the comments below!