Are you looking for the perfect snacks to have at your next cookout or barbecue? Do you need some ideas for your Fourth of July gatherings? We have five suggestions that anyone will love (and devour).
When it comes to the perfect snacks, there are so many options. However, when it comes to the snacks we put out for barbecues, cookouts, and even just a normal gathering of friends, that can be something completely different.
It’s a lot more about the easy and quick snacks, as well as the finger foods. When it comes to those cookout snacks, the first thing I think of is the mighty chips and dip. And while there are a lot of brands to choose from, we have narrowed it down to a single brand that gives us both a variety of chips and dips to choose from.
So without further ado, let’s get our snacking on.
5 of the perfect snacks for those cookouts and summer barbecues
- On the Border Tortilla Chips in Cantina Style or Cantina Thins – These are the best tortilla chips we have had straight from the store shelves in a long while. And while fresh is always best, we can’t help but love snagging a bag or two of both of these styles of tortilla chips. (And yes, the offer others, but these are definitely at the top of snacking and dipping list.) These are perfect for eating right out of the bag, as a vehicle for all the salsas and dips, and even as the perfect nachos platter.
- On the Border Salsa Con Queso or the Guacamole Salsa – And you really can’t have chips without the dip, especially at a barbecue or cookout. And while On the Border offers a variety of dips to choose from, two of our favorites are officially their Guacamole Salsa (which is definitely on the spicy side) and their Salsa Con Queso. (We have yet to be able to give their Southwest Bean Dip a try, but once we do we may have to add that to the rotation as well.) These are great with tortilla chips or even with a classic potato chip. These are full of flavor and bring just the right amount of spice to get those taste buds singing.
- Good and Gather Buffalo-Style Chicken Dip – Available at Target, this dip is a must have at every cookout and party. If you love buffalo wings, then this dip is for you. Made with chicken, cream cheese, ranch, blue cheese crumbles, and a cayenne pepper sauce, this dip is a true guilty eat all the way. If you love these flavors, then you won’t be able to stop the snacking.
- Castello Havarti Cheese – Honestly, we were sent both the Havarti and the Burger Blue Cheese Slices to try and we fell in love. I had never tried this brand before, but as a cheese lover, I am always open to finding new amazing cheeses. And this was definitely a win in my book. And while the blue cheese slices were excellent. The Havarti Cheese was a true guilty eat in the snack department. In fact, this is the perfect cheese option for snacks, charcuterie, and just about anything in the kitchen. The Havarti was soft and creamy with a little bit of a tang that just added a whole new level of deliciousness. Cheese lovers unite with Castello!
- 4505 Chicharrones – This is the ultimate guilty eat when it comes to snacking. We are talking about pork rinds in a variety of amazing flavors. Recently, the brand collaborated with Tajin on a limited edition Chile Limon flavor of pork rinds, but even without this particular flavor, there are plenty of options to choose from when it comes to the 4505 brand. And considering they are known for their meats, it makes sense that they are all about quality. For us, the go-to flavors for us are the Classic: Chili and Salt, the BBQ, and even their Sea Salt flavor.
What are your go-to snacks for cookouts and barbecues? Have you tried any of these snacks and dips? Do you have a favorite?