It’s the last episode of The Great American Recipe before the finale and the home cooks have to leave it all on the plate if they want to be in the final three. It’s been a tasty ride and for these final challenges for all of the home cooks, it’s all about dishes inspired by friends and a dish that is life changing for them.
For this first round, it’s all about either a dish inspired by a friend or flavors that the cooks associate with their chosen family. They have just 60 minutes to really prove to the judges that they deserve a place in the finale.
So what are the cooks making for this second to last challenge before the final three of The Great American Recipe are chosen?
The Great American Recipe crowns it’s final three
- Leanna – Lamb Kabobs with Grilled Veggies
- Salmah – Chicken Chapli Kebabs with Vegetables and Mint Sauce
- Ted – Cheeseburger Sliders with Onion Rings
- Maria – Carne Asada Tacos with Tomato Salsa and Tomatillo Salsa
- Abbe – Deconstructed Chicken Casserole with Cheesy Sauce
- Brad – Mini Spinach B’Jibn Pies
- Khela – Corn Chaat and Curried Watermelon
- Relle – Hawaiian Style Beef Stew
Honestly, all of these dishes looked and sounded delicious. And it sounds like the judges agreed. These home cooks came to fight and we love to see it.
So which cooks made the best dishes according to the judges? For this round that would be Salmah and Maria!
For the final challenge it is all about making a dish that they would consider to be life changing. This is their final 90 minutes of cooking before three cooks are named as finalists. So what are they making?
- Salmah – Lebanese Meat Pie and Cheese Pie
- Maria – Tagliatelle Bolognese
- Ted – Shrimp Street Tacos with Mexican Corn
- Leanna – Sancocho
- Khela – Japchae
- Brad – Cod in Saffron Cream Sauce with White Rice
- Abbe – Vietnamese Soft-Shell Crab with Nuoc Cham Sauce
- Relle – Gandule Rice and Pastele Stew
The judges clearly enjoyed these dishes and learning about the inspiration behind them. But, of course, now it is time to announce the final three. And that means taking a look back at their entire journey on The Great American Recipe.
The final three for the second season are:
Are you surprised by the final three? Who do you think will win?