Now that summer is here, you might be planning picnics in the park, picnics on the beach, and even your next BBQ. But what about the drinks?
When it comes to packing that picnic basket or cooler, space can be at a premium. And the last thing you want to do is pack drinks that don’t quench your thirst and leave your taste buds happy. Besides which, we all know the primary purpose of the picnic is the good eats, so sometimes it is the drinks that we don’t give enough attention to.
But we want to change that this summer. And with these seven drink options, I think we can make that happen. From canned cocktails to bottles of wine, and of course non-alcoholic options, there is something for everyone to sip on this summer.
7 summer drinks perfect for BBQs and picnics
- Chloe Pinot Grigio – Whether you are planning a romantic picnic or want to bring a touch of refinement to your next BBQ, Chloe Pinot Grigio is a perfect choice all around. Not only is it amazing right from the bottle (in a glass, chilled!), but it is also perfect for making a fun, yet elevated cocktail perfect for the summer. In fact, the Chloe’s Vibrant Mojito might just become your BBQ drink of choice.
In order to make the Chloe’s Vibrant Mojito, you will need:
- Six mint leaves, fresh
- One part fresh lime juice
- Four parts Chloe Pinot Grigio
- Half part agave syrup
- Club soda (which goes over the top)
In a shaker, you mix together the Chloe, agave, and lime, as well as some ice. Shake it all together. Strain into a glass with fresh ice already in it and then pour that club soda over the top. Garnish with your mint leaf and you (and everyone else) are good to go.
- sipMARGS – Canned cocktails have made it easier than ever to enjoy a mixed drink at home. But they are also perfect for adding to that picnic basket or mixing it up in the cooler at your next BBQ. Available in four flavors, sipMARGS is a chance to enjoy a classic cocktail without needing a bartender or even a fully stocked bar cart. There is the Classic, which lives up to its name with a citrus pop on the tongue, and makes us think about warm summer nights (which is fitting). Then we have the sipMARGS Coconut and the sipMARGS Mango, both of which are perfect summer flavors and will make even the pickiest sipper happy. Finally there is the Mezcal, which is smoky and herbal without being over the top and medicinal. Whichever can you pick, you’re going to love it.
- Lemon Perfect – For anyone looking for a non-alcoholic option and who likes their water with a bit more flavor, Lemon Perfect is the answer. If you love lemon water this is going to be your new favorite thing. But they don’t just have a straight lemon flavor. In fact, their lineup offers us a little something for everyone, including those coconut lovers out there. Honestly, every single flavor in the Lemon Perfect lineup is amazing and worth all the sips. (Seriously, this is going to turn you into a water drinker if you aren’t already!)
- Belvedere Vodka – Vodka might not sound like the perfect choice for a picnic, but when it comes to those BBQs, you need this in your life. And why is that? Because it will help you whip up the perfect drinks this summer, especially if you are a fan of a boozy lemonade! With this vodka you can quickly and easily whip up a drink called Summer Lemonade.
In order to make the Summer Lemonade, you will need:
- Two ounces of Belvedere Vodka
- Three quarter ounces of fresh lemon juice
- Three quarter ounces of simple syrup
- Five fresh raspberries
- Ginger beer
In a shaker, place all of the ingredients except for the ginger beer. Add in some ice and shake. Strain the mix into a glass with fresh ice. Top it off with the ginger beer and garnish with some fresh raspberries and fresh mint leaves.
- Shock Top Zest – Looking for a light, citrusy beer that is perfect for summer? Then look no further than Shock Top Zest. This is like Christmas came early, because this is a perfect offering that gives us hints of lemon and orange in a beer that is low in calories (just 90 per can) and has an ABV of just 4 percent. While the zest is refreshing on the tongue, it is also a smooth beer that delivers a perfect sip all around. This might be our new favorite beer of the summer.
- Fishers Island Lemonade Spiked Tea – One of my favorite canned cocktail brands has to be Fishers Island Lemonade (FIL). Every single offering has been amazing, and has delivered on the promises made by the flavor. Their lemonade tastes like lemonade, and now their Spiked Tea really does give us those tea notes we love and want. And in ever there was a canned cocktail of summer, it would have to come from FIL. But for this summer, I am all about having cans of their Spiked Tea in my picnic basket and at all the BBQs.
- Cloud Water+ – With the heat of summer here, you know that even at your BBQs and picnics, you need to hydrate and refresh. And what better way is there to do that than with water? How about with Cloud Water+? This is a canned beverage that takes water to the next level with flare, style, and great flavors. Cloud Water+ Immunity is available in three flavors – Blood Orange & Coconut, Grapfruit & Mint & Basil, and Blackberry & Lemon & Rosemary! And yes, all three flavors pop on the tongue in a way that will leave you ditching the sodas and saying bring on the water.
Honestly, there are so many options out there for drinks to take with you on your next picnic or for those BBQs, but we think these are some of the real winners.
What do you take with you for your picnics? What are your favorite summer sips? Are any of these drinks your go-to of summer? Let us know below.