National French Fry Day is July 13 and with the help of Walk-On’s Sports Bistreaux, we can enjoy a very special recipe straight from their kitchen.
In a press release from Walk-On’s Sports Bistreaux, we learned that the chain is celebrating the day of the fry in two very special ways. Not only are they giving us a recipe for their Waffle Cheese Fries so we can make them at home whenever we want, but there is even a freebie deal for anyone who signs up for their mobile app.
According to the release, if you sign up for the Walk-On’s app, you will get a free order of the Waffle Cheese Fries. But if you can’t get to the restaurant yourself, that’s okay too, because they want to make your National French Fry Day delicious and fun at home too.
How to make Walk-On’s Sports Bistreaux’s Waffle Cheese Fries at home
What you need:
- Waffle Fries
- Cajun Seasoning (Obviously Walk-On’s has their own Cajun seasoning mix.)
- 4 Ounces of Cheddar Cheese and Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1/2 ounce of Bacon Bits
- 2 Ounces of Banana Peppers
- 2 Ounces of Spicy Ranch
What to do:
- In an oven safe pan, lay out all the waffle fries evenly.
- Working from the outside of the pan inward, spread the cheese out over the fries.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits over the cheese.
- Place the pan into the oven until the cheese is melted and bubbling, but do not overbrown the cheese.
- Make sure the banana peppers are drained and then sprinkle them over the top of the melted cheese covered fries.
- Have a side of spicy ranch for dipping your fries into.
It’s super easy to make, and definitely delicious. And we can never say no to a tray of Waffle Cheese Fries, no matter how they are made (at home or at a restaurant).
What do you think Guilty Eaters? Will you be whipping up a pan of these Waffle Cheese Fries? How will you be enjoying your National French Fry Day? Let us know in the comments below.