Did you know that August 3 is National Watermelon Day? And what better way to celebrate this refreshing fruit than with some tasty drinks? (I mean sure you could actually eat the fruit, but where is the fun in that?)
In honor of the watermelon, we are taking a look at some drinks that are perfect for anyone who loves this sweet treat but maybe wants to avoid all the seeds or mess. Or maybe you really just want to find a new drink to end your summer with. Either way, these are some of our current favorites!
And yes, it really is all about the watermelon with these drinks (from the non-alcoholic to the alcoholic so there is something for everyone). So celebrate summer, celebrate this foodie holiday, or just find something new to sip on in general.
5 drinks to sip on this National Watermelon Day and beyond
- Waterloo Sparkling Water in Watermelon – Want to sip something refreshing and delicious? Then look no further than Waterloo! We love this sparkling water flavor and it is perfect for summer sipping and beyond. So if you want to stick to a non-alcoholic beverage, no worries because this is the water for you!
- Austin Eastciders Watermelon Cider – Sometimes you don’t want beer or even a cocktail, but you do enjoy cider. And hard cider can actually be quite refreshing. So when I found this cider from Austin Eastciders, I knew it was a must try. And I was right. This is a delicious hard cider that is both crisp and just slightly sweet for a perfect sip all summer long and even into the Fall.
- Earl Stevens Sparkling Watermelon Wine – Wine lovers rejoice! We have something new (and delicious) to share with you. Introducing a more fruit forward sparkling wine that is both light and crisp. Not only is this perfect for sipping on chilled, but it is also a fun way to take your next Sangria recipe to a whole new level.
- D’USSÉ Watermelon Cooler – This cocktail is easy to make and delicious, which is a win-win. It requires about five ingredients and it is a quick cocktail for any occasion:
What you need:
- 1 1/2 parts of D’USSÉ VSOP Cognac
- 3 parts watermelon juice (fresh or bottled works here)
- 1/2 of a lime
- 3/4 parts simple syrup
- 3 basil leaves
What to do:
In a shaker, muddle together the simple syrup and basil leaves. Add ice and all the other ingredients. Shake the mix together and then strain into a glass with fresh ice. You can use fresh basil leaves and/or a slice of watermelon as a garnish!
- Nixie Sparkling Water in Watermelon Mint – Looking for a new sparkling water flavor to stock up your refrigerator with? Then you may need some Nixie in your life. And in honor of the classic watermelon, we turn to this Watermelon Mint flavor that is perfect for sipping chilled out of the can or even as a building block in your next cocktail. Sounds like a win-win to me!
Whether you are just trying to add some new drinks to your summer rotation or want to actually celebrate National Watermelon Day, these five options might just be the perfect choices all around. From the sparkling waters to the hard cider and sparkling wine, it really does feel like there is a drink for everyone. But what do you think Guilty Eaters? Are you going to be sipping today to celebrate?