Carnegie Deli is reminding us that just because candy and costumes come to mind first when we think of Halloween, there is more to spooky season. And with this easy and adorable recipe, we can all get a little spooky while also feeding our hunger.
When you think of Carnegie Deli, what comes to mind? Is it their cheesecake? What about hot dogs? We think of both of these things and so much more. But we definitely never thought of mummies.
However, for Halloween 2021, Carnegie Deli is making sure we have mummies on the brain with the help of their recipe for Flaky Hot Dog Mummies. And while we can eat hot dogs no matter what, when it comes to Halloween, sometimes we want to have some fun.
How to make Carnegie Deli’s Flaky Hot Dog Mummies for Halloween
First, we have to note that this is something you should be having fun with. That means that you don’t need to make it perfect. In fact, sometimes the less perfect they are, the more fun it is. And if you think about it, these are mummies, which means ancient. This also means that their wraps are probably falling off anyway.
I should also point out that this recipe feeds four to six people, so you can always cut this in half as needed.
What you need:
- 25 of Carnegie Deli’s All-Beef Hot Dogs
- 2 packages of crescent rolls
- 25 pairs of candy/edible eyes
- 1 bottle of mustard for dipping (they suggest their Carnegie Deli Dusseldorf Mustard)
What to do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Take out the crescent roll doll and roll it out into a sheet of dough. Make sure you seal the seams.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut out 1/4 inch strips that will be used for the mummy bandages
- Wrap the dough around the dogs, leaving spaces open. (This is a step that you can do with children!)
- Using a greased baking sheet, spread out your wrapped hot dogs, leaving space between your mummies.
- Bake the hot dogs for between 10 and 12 minutes. The dough should be golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow your hot dogs to cool down before adding the eyes to your mummies.
- Now all that is left is enjoying with your mustard and your friends.
It really is that easy to make mummies out of hot dogs. And with Carnegie Deli, we can enjoy some delicious dogs!
We love a good crescent wrapped hot dog. And turning them into mummies just makes them even better! But what do you think? Are you a fan of the mummies? Have you made these before and will you make them again?