There are a lot of frozen pizza and flatbread options in the freezer section of the grocery store, Walmart, Target, and beyond. But these 5 are a must try because they take things to the next level. From a flatbread brand that uses organic wheat to make their dough to a pizza brand that uses sourdough instead of a classic dough, these are not the frozen pizzas you are expecting.
Forget the drab and boring. These bring the flavor and deliver in a way that we were not even expecting. In fact, these have become new favorites in our house, especially the American Flatbread company’s flatbreads which were just ridiculously tasty.
With so many frozen pizza and flatbread brands on the market, you might be looking for something new. And luckily, these are new (at least to us) and unique. Making them a worthy alternative to the usual suspects (looking at you Digiorno and Red Baron).
These 5 frozen pizza and flatbread brands are must try options this summer
- American Flatbread – Do you want Gluten-Free? They have it. Looking for meatless pizzas? They have that too. Vegan? Yep, that’s on the list. Basically, this company has us covered in many ways. And while I am a bit of a traditionalist when it comes to pizza, I will admit that I loved their Uncured Pepperoni & Uncured Bacon and their tomato sauce and three cheese. And after stumbling across this in Target and Stop & Shop, I can’t wait to try more flavors.
- Alex’s Awesome Sourdough – If you want to try a pizza unlike any other, then you need some Alex’s Awesome Sourdough in your life. It’s a smaller company, with less options, but every single pizza packs a punch. For me, the mushroom pizza and the mozzarella were favorites (you can never go wrong with a cheese pizza), but even the Sunflower Pesto was tasty (not a favorite for me, but still one I would eat again). These were unexpected in the very best ways.
- Amy’s Kitchen – Amy’s Kitchen is a great brand for people looking for more organic food, even in the freezer section. And as someone who already enjoys a few different Amy’s products, I couldn’t resist trying their pizzas. The Spinach pizza was a winner, as was the cheese. And since all of their pizzas are meatless, this is a good one for the vegetarians and maybe even the vegans.
- California Pizza Kitchen – Sure, you could go to a California Pizza Kitchen and get a take and bake, but some of us don’t have a location nearby, and that’s where their frozen pizzas come in. And when we want a fun pizza like a BBQ Recipe or a Thin Crust White, then they have the answer. Available in stores like Target and Walmart, these pizzas are amazing and packed with flavor. They make it easy to enjoy thin crust at home, with flavors that pop.
- Stouffers – I might be cheating here, but sometimes a French Bread Pizza is the answer to all your problems. And Stouffers has always been a favorite in the frozen food section. So when it comes to snagging an amazing French Bread Pizza, I want Stouffers. And I want it to be Pepperoni. This is a win for Guilty Eats everywhere.
Are you a fan of frozen pizzas? Do you have a favorite? Do you like trying new brands and flavors of pizzas? What’s your favorite? Let us know Guilty Eaters.