In honor National S’mores Day on August 10, La Marca Prosecco is helping us take this summer sweet treat to the next level. But they are not alone in making that happen as they turned to Julianna Vezza, an influencer in the food and lifestyle sphere, for tips and tricks that will take this summer staple to a whole new level of amazingness.
And what better way is there to celebrate the iconic S’mores than to take inspiration from Charcuterie Boards? After all, the Charcuterie Board has seen a true resurgence in popularity over the last few years.
So if you are looking to elevate s’mores to the next level for National S’mores Day, then you need these tips in your life. And yes, the first tip is to make sure you have a chilled bottled of La Marca Prosecco to enjoy with this sweet treat. (That is not the first official tip, but we have to include it anyway.)
More from Guilty Eats
- Kitchen Nightmares ended their return season on a whimper
- The Piecaken is the perfect holiday dessert
- Jet-Puffed Marshmallows are a hot cocoa bar must-have!
- What are the most popular side dishes at Christmas? Number one may surprise you!
- Get festive with Ghirardelli and their Peppermint Bark squares
Tips for creating an elevated S’mores Board from La Marca and Julianna Vezza
- Smore’s need a Crunchy element – What this means is that while you can include the standard graham crackers on your board, why not add something else, such as pretzels or even chopped nuts. The chopped nuts can sit in between the chocolate and marshmallow and when those melt over the heat, the nuts will incorporate into the ooey-gooey of it all.
- Presentation is key to an elevated S’mores Board – The perfect board itself is a big key to your presentation. That means choosing something unique, maybe a wooden board or even a stone slab. Also make sure that things have dedicated space, but don’t leave too much space on your board. And color is king, which is why your bottle of La Marca will help add a pretty pop of blue to the mix!
- Make your chocolate choices count – Classic s’mores use milk chocolate as their melty deliciousness, but why not change things up. Add dark and white chocolates to your board as well. They add to your presentation and they change up the game when it comes to crafting a delicious s’mores treat.
- Add fresh fruits to your s’mores board – Adding fresh fruit to your board not only helps to add freshness to the mix, but it is also a great way to add those pops of color. Plus, they can act as a way to cut some of the sweetness of the s’mores. Some choice fruits to include on your board might include strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and slices of pineapple.
- Try new things – Even if you love the classic s’mores flavor, you might want to shake things up. And that means trying things like a Peanut Butter Marshmallow S’mores, a Turtle S’mores, or even a Berry Hazelnut S’mores. There are so many fun ways you can shake things up this summer.
With National S’mores Day arriving on August 10, we can’t help but want to try new things. And a Charcuterie Board of ingredients to take this sweet treat to the next level seems like a win to us. Besides this is the kind of foodie inspiration we can get behind this summer!
What do you think fellow Guilty Eaters? Do these tips inspire you to create an elevated board for this summer treat? Or do you prefer to stick with the classics? Let us know in the comments below.